Being asked to describe the group fitness classes at our Lubbock gym is like being asked to share an awesome vacation without pictures -- it just doesn’t cut it! If you're curious about a class on our schedule, give it a try! Whether you like hard-hitting Tabata and Les Mills BODYCOMBAT or you prefer the mindfulness of yoga and Pilates, we have classes that fit every fitness need and preference. All classes can be modified for beginners and pre/postnatal participants, and a water bottle and towel are recommended for all group fitness classes (towel service provided). Take a moment to look over our class descriptions, find those that you'll enjoy the most, and then get ready to make new friends and take your fitness to a new level! *Classes and/or times are subject to change due to participation, instructor availability, and general schedule adjustments on a monthly basis. View our monthly Group Fitness Schedule calendar to confirm your class choice.
Studio membership, or an additional fee per class, is required to attend Studio Classes. If you are interested in Studio Membership please contact the Membership Department at 806-687-6080 for a FREE VIP request.
- BLISSFLOW YOGA: BlissFlow Yoga is a dynamic yoga designed to be a cross-fitness training. It integrates the ancient wisdom of traditional yoga and modern fitness systems. This method will improve athletic performance as well as mental focus and breathing. All levels are welcome.
- BUTI YOGA: Buti Yoga workouts transform your BODY & SOUL with cardio-intensive bursts of tribal dance, primal movement & conditioning woven into a dynamic yoga practice.
- CANDLELIGHT YOGA: Escape from your day and enjoy the tranquility of Candlelight Yoga. Classes blend stretching, gentle movement and restorative poses with a focus on relaxing into the deepest layers of the body to return us to a place of release, surrender and calm.
- CLASSICAL BALLET 101: A class designed to introduce the principals and technique of classical ballet. A different kind of "workout" that challenges the body to move in different, graceful and mindful ways. All levels of experience welcome.
- HATHA YOGA: Hatha and art of alignment pay special attention to the structural nature of poses so your body can naturally realign itself in healthy patterns, and begin to heal and strengthen. Enjoy more seated and reclining poses with longer held stretches, and use props that help increase flexibility and balance. All levels are welcome.
- HEATED YOGA: Practicing yoga in a heated room helps to ease muscles and prevent injury when stretching. Heated yoga promotes total health by detoxifying the body through sweat and balancing every system in the body. Practiced in a heated room between 80 and 85 degrees.
- HOT YOGA: Same as heated yoga (above) but practiced in a heated room between 90 and 95 degrees.
- KID YOGA: Yoga for preschool through early elementary aged kids to develop strong, healthy bodies, build patience, self-awareness, and self-confidence. Kid yoga is offered free to children of studio members and a special drop in rate of $5 for ALL other children.
- PILATES: Flow through a series of dynamic movements that restore balance to core muscles of the lower back and abdominals.
- RESTORATIVE YOGA: Our bodies have an innate ability to relax given the right circumstances. Restorative yoga uses a series of easy, supported poses held for a long time under the right conditions (including the use of many props) to tip the balance from “fight or flight” mode into maximal relaxation. Emphasis on complete muscular relaxation and comfort are emphasized to achieve a quiet state of mind and body.
- VINYASA FLOW: Vinyasa classes focus on flowing from pose to pose and linking the movement with the breath. These classes are used to build endurance, stamina, strength, and flexibility while calming the mind.
- YIN YOGA: Yin yoga is a less-popular form of yoga which is performed to stretch the connective tissues of the body. Primary connective tissues include the hips, thighs and lower spinal area.
- YOGA/PILATES: A flowing mind/body practice integrating yoga and Pilates to increase strength, flexibility, and balance while reducing stress and improving endurance. All levels welcome.
Group Fitness Classes
Group fitness classes are included in all memberships.
- CONDITIONING: Achieve your fitness goals with this boot camp inspired circuit workout. Calisthenics and training drills develop strength, stamina and agility.
- LesMills BODYCOMBAT: An empowering group fitness cardio workout where you are totally unleashed. This fiercely energetic program is inspired by mixed martial arts and draws from a wide array of disciplines such as karate, boxing, taekwondo, tai chi and muay thai. During this ultimate warrior workout, you’ll strike, punch, kick and kata your way through calories to superior cardio fitness. Like all the LES MILLS™ programs, a new BODYCOMBAT™ class is produced every three months with new music and choreography, designed by BODYCOMBAT™ Master Trainers and mixed martial arts experts, Dan Cohen, and Rachael Newsham.
- PILOXING: A unique mix of Pilates and boxing into a fat torching, muscle sculpting, core-centric, interval work out guaranteed to whip you into shape, using a format that is both fun and challenging.
- QUICK SPIN: Quick and to the point. It’s a 30-minute spin class, but the intensity equals an entire hour of work.
- SPIN: A cardio workout on stationary bikes that is the ultimate calorie burner! Both beginner and advanced participants can work in the same class as you ride the flats, climb the hills, and push the sprints just as in an outdoor bike ride! Improve your endurance and strengthen your legs in this non-impact cardiovascular class.
- TABATA: A cardiovascular blast! High energy interval training followed by shorter recoveries makes for 30 minutes of all out work! You will leave this class in better shape than when you arrived.
- ZUMBA: Dance like there’s nobody watching! No rules apply. Leave your inhibitions at the door. Lose yourself in dance to ALL different music styles. The most fun way to burn calories imaginable!
- LesMills BODYPUMP: The original LES MILLS™ barbell class, will sculpt, tone and strengthen your entire body, fast! Great bodies aren’t born, they are transformed, using the proven BODYPUMP™ formula: THE REP EFFECT™ a breakthrough in resistance workout training. Focusing on low weight loads and high repetition movements, you’ll burn fat, gain strength and quickly produce lean body muscle conditioning. BODYPUMP™ is one of the world’s fastest ways to get in shape as it challenges all of your major muscle groups while you squat, press, lift and curl.
- LesMills CXWORX: Exercising muscles around the core, CXWORX™ provides the vital ingredient for a stronger body. A stronger core makes you better at all things you do, from everyday life to your favorite sports - it’s the glue that holds everything together. This program is ideal for tightening your tummy and butt, as well as improving functional strength and assisting in injury prevention.
- BODYSCULPT: Reshape your body! By utilizing light weights, resistance bands, stability balls, and Bosu balls, you will tone and re-define yourself by targeting those hard to find muscles.
- LIFT & SCULPT, PUMP: Hit every muscle group with the bar then repeat all those muscle groups with hand weights. We’re talking PURE RESULTS!
- AQUA: Dive right in and make a splash! With the sun as our light bulb and the white fluffy clouds as our ceiling, let’s enjoy the soothing and protecting power of the water to exercise in the great outdoors. Lots of fun and variety, including water yoga, ballet, dance, paddle work, toning, noodles, liquid abs and so much more. (Offered May – September. See schedule for details).
- BARRE: This ballet-inspired workout is a great way to develop lean muscle mass while improving your balance, flexibility, and range of motion. You will use an actual ballet bar to enhance your moves and have tons of fun in the process. Be prepared to work!
- BASIC YOGA: Focuses on teaching basic yoga postures, healthy alignment of the spine, as well as strengthening the musculature that supports the body. If you have been waiting to begin a yoga practice to reap all of the health benefits that yoga has to offer...now is the time!
- GRAVITY: Exclusive only to THE FALLS in Lubbock! The Gravity Training System uses body weight as the resistive factor against gravity to produce an individualized workout that one can progressively increase in intensity as strength and performance improve. The class uses a wide variety of exercises and freedom of a dynamic pulley system to allow for enhanced muscle development. Limited to 8 participants. *Reservations required.
- FLEX: *Flex will be a stretching class to help relieve muscle tension and elongate muscles. This class will be appropriate for seniors, tennis players and can also complement high impact and high intensity workouts as well. In other words - everyone could use a stretch! Kim’s class will increase mobility and flexibility, create better body alignment and muscular balance.